Global food security has become an increasingly important student cause on many U.S. college campuses. Israel has made important contributions to the world in this area and therefore it may be possible for pro-Israel students to collaborate with activists concerned with this issue.
- Hold informational events regarding the issue of food security.
- Find other like-minded groups to organize urban farming events.
- Educate peers about Israeli innovations such as drip-irrigation agricultural techniques that much of the world uses to save water and increase agricultural productivity.
- Hasbara’s “Think Green, Think Blue” campaign might be a good place to look for event ideas that highlight Israel’s contribution to agricultural and environmental technology.
- To find out how Israel has spread these technologies to countries that lack food security, go to the Israeli Foreign Ministry’s Mashav website.